You probably have noticed the fancy schmancy logo I have at the top of the page. (How could you not?)
I had been wanting to tweak it since I did the initial design, for the following reasons:
- There could be some improvements in type layout.
- Fixed one thing I didn’t like about the border.
- Added texture to the medallion. Some of that you can’t see at the size it’s shown, but I’ve always considered print when designing it.
- Changed the layer style for Romance Writer (and one of the glyphs).
Here’s the new design:
- I’ve adjusted the swashes for Desina and Alani to be about the same length as the word (before the length was less related to the content).
- Made the border thinner and adjusted its color to be less green.
- Added the same damask to the medallion that’s used on the rest of the site. There’s also a gold dust layer that doesn’t show at this resolution.
- Changed the “t” in Romance Writer to be a cooler glyph. Thank you, Illustrator Glyphs palette.
- Changed the layer style of Romance Writer. This took the single largest chunk of time: nothing looked right. Eventually, I realized the golds didn’t look right because the color was more orange than the other golds. It still is, but I like the color. Eventually, I’ll tweak the others to match better.
That’s about all I could manage today with my beat-up bod.