I haven’t posted in a month. Part of that has been watching the Ellora’s Cave drama unfold, of course.
Part of it is that I sprained my ass.
I really have no idea how that happened. I wish I could tell you that it involved something exciting and kinky like a heroically awful sex swing dismount.
Instead, it seemed to have gone something like this:
- Awesome Thai massage on a cruise we were on, loosening all my muscles.
- Some of those muscles got irritated the next day around Sardinia and we went from boat to boat to boat.
- ZOMG OW OW OW.
That was three weeks ago, and I was back in the ER a couple of days ago. Ugh.
So I’m up on bed rest, but not the good kind. Had an acupuncture house call today, so one area that was hurting isn’t anymore. Another house call next week.
Right now, I’m reading Josephine Myles’s How to Train Your Dom in Five Easy Steps, but I do have to put it down every now and again because I hurt more than the sub does. (I don’t get endorphins from pain, either, and Eddie’s a pain slut.)
There are a few things that I love about this book:
- Amazing Britishisms that often amuse;
- The dom (Jeff) is of a lower social class than the sub (Eddie);
- Oh, and Jeff’s straight. Really straight. Eddie is male, and it’s interesting watching Jeff slowly realize that his BDSM orientation is stronger than his gay/straight one;
- Jeff is also clueless enough that I’ve said (more than once), “Yep, that’s why you don’t have a girlfriend.”
I just love that Jeff isn’t all that. You know, the billionaire who has all but his love life in order.